Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Irvine, CA. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
Rockwell Collins Flight Control Systems have been flying and landing airplanes for over 30 years. Our customer base is a who's who of aircraft manufacturers. These industry leaders demand systems which satisfy the highest levels of criticality and quality at the lowest cost possible. This dichotomy provides a continuous challenge to our engineering team to employ new technology and methodologies in the development of our complex systems.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to take on design responsibilities in the development of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuator, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
Mechanical engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture and system testing. While working in a cross-functional team environment, daily tasks will include:
• Analyze customer requirements.
• Design and development of mechanical components, sub-assemblies and assemblies using NX tool
• Work closely with stress engineer in designing those products
• Apply GD&T and using tolerance stack up for proper form, fit and function
• Work with change control team to release
• Support test/verification planning, development, and execution
• Attend customer meeting to present progress of the project
• Coordinate with Mod Center and manufacturing operations for lab units and production units.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Demonstrated experience in the design of complex mechanical systems/machined parts
• Fully proficient in GD&T and Tolerance Stack up calculation
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Additional experience a plus:
• Solid modeling experience (NX8.5 / NX10)
• Experience working in the aerospace industry
• Masters Degree in related Engineering Discipline (Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering)
• Team leadership experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Flight Controls Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Mechanical Engineer - Electromechanical Systems (Irvine, CA)*
**Location:** *California-Irvine, CA*
**Requisition ID:** *MEC000000CI*
To apply for this job, contact: