Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Come join our Commercial Systems Platform Software team in developing low-level device drivers as well as boot software, board support packages, networking and low-level applications. Our team supports various air transport and business and regional airplane displays systems as well as platforms that involve data concentration and data switching.
We are looking for a junior engineer who is passionate, enjoys working with a team of talented software developers, and is eager to take on big challenges. Rockwell Collins is proud to be providing avionics products to major aircraft programs. As part of this team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of world class products, and have the ability to contribute significantly to the delivery of our award winning products around the globe!
• Software requirements capture
• Source code implementation
• Hardware and software integration
• Requirements-based functional test development and structural coverage analysis
• Software certification support
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
• Strong C programming language skills
• Process focused and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Commitment to quality and improvement
Additional experience a plus:
• Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems and Low-Level Device Drivers
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Avionics Products Engineering*
**Title:** *Software Engineer - Platform Software (Cedar Rapids, IA)*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000H3*
To apply for this job, contact: