Aircraft Structural Engineer (W402) - Military veterans preferred
2018-11-12 ManTech (www.mantech.com)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to the Director of Aeronautical Engineering to provide day to day
• Advise to RSAF Officers on matters pertaining to structural engineering for all RSAF aircraft
• Provides a primary point of contact for all RSAF structural engineering issues
• Enhance RSAF engineering authority capability with regards to structural engineering
Qualifications and Experience:
• Engineering Degree in Mechanical Aeronautical Engineering. Master's Degree or higher and Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in aircraft/aerospace structural engineering
• Excellent knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, composite: metals, fabrication practices, aviation hardware, integration and proper applications in design with a thorough understanding of the use and application of aircraft
• Excellent knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, composite: metals, fabrication practices, aviation hardware, integration and proper application design with a thorough understanding of the use and application of aircraft technical data
• Possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, 30 computer modelling and other analytical substantiation techniques.
• Experience utilizing CAD software and/or 30 modelling software with obvious and demonstrable proficiency Experience in senior engineering management with a thorough knowledge of engineering authority processes, specifically the types of fighter, transport, rotatory and/or unmanned aircraft systems
• A working knowledge of international regulation and policy for military and civilian (aviation as well as International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
• Progressive experience in design and development of aircraft structural engineering projects required.
• The aircraft structural applications will be the focus of their knowledge for fatigue index analysis, structural integrity inspections, structural modifications and updates, and engineering analysis of Original Equipment
• Manufacturer (OEM) aircraft platforms, specifically the types of fighter, transport rotatory, and/or unmanned aircraft systems
• Must be able to develop and integrate concepts that involve requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of the weapon system life cycle, including all aspects of technical program that involve trade-off of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, supportability, testability and other engineering requirements.
• Possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, 3D computer modeling and other analytical substantiation techniques
• Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language
• Strong leadership qualities with proven interpersonal and team working skills, Computer literate and an experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Project)
The Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) maintains the third largest fleet of F-15's in the world after the American and Japanese Air Forces. The RSAF are defending and protecting critical infrastructure locations and population centers of Saudi Arabia ensuring regional, and global stability for all of its allies including us. Incorporated into the RSAF is an elite group of "F-15 Maintainers" supporting flight operations, maintenance, and boasts an extensive system of training schools. A position in our group provides you the ability to be a part of a great team, gain international experience, and meaningfully contribute to global security.
ManTech Mission & Solutions Group established itself as an industry leader in worldwide technology support providing support to the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force as well as other key Department of Defense customers and we would like to consider YOU as part of our team. By applying to this opportunity you acknowledge that you have read the duties, qualifications, and requirements for the position and find that you qualify to be considered.