Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to join our team in Richardson, TX. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Richardson, TX. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
This opportunity is for a Software Engineer who is eager to share their talents with the fast-paced, dynamic, creative work environment Government Systems Data Links & System Manager team in Richardson, TX. Primary responsibilities will focus on software development activities related to the growing market of integrated Communication and Surveillance avionics solutions for U.S. government and international customers.
• Contribute to the development of functional and interface specifications for hardware and software implementation.
• Create, capture, review, trace and modify requirements, applying the knowledge of processes, tools and methods in the management and tracking of requirements baseline..
• Identify the root cause of moderate to complex software issues and some systems issues using appropriate debug and analysis tools.
• Understand internal processes, methods and tools for systems development and documentation efforts.
• Capable of producing engineering estimates for individuals tasks. May contribute to Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals and/or lead a software team in a Project Engineering role.
• Demonstrate the ability to follow through on work assignments with little to no further prompting and raise any potential issues found to leadership.
• Create and run verification and validation tests for products and sub- systems of moderate complexity.
• Estimate, track, own and report status relating to technical, cost and schedule performance for assigned scope of work.
• Identify complex problems, reviews related information, and develop/evaluate options and solutions. Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential solutions to choose the most appropriate one.
Must Have Requirements:
• A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
• US Citizenship is required
• Current possession of / ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance is required
• Experience in software architecture, design, and development is required as well as the hands-on capabilities in both embedded and hosted applications
Preferred experience/skills with any of the following:
• C, C , Java, Ada and Python. Experience with Ada is highly desired.
• Experience with MIL-STD-1553 systems and Ethernet protocols
• Hands-on capabilities in both embedded systems and hosted application software development
• Demonstrated experience with real-time, multi-threaded embedded systems applications such as LynxOS and PowerPC architectures
• Experience working with Subversion, DOORS, and/or Atlassian tools (JIRA, JAMA, Bamboo and Confluence)
• Demonstrated successful software development from requirements through verification
• Ability to successfully contribute in collaborative, cross-domain development environments
• Project planning and Earned Value management experience
• Experience in identifying, communicating and mitigating risks
• Excellent verbal/written communication and teamwork skills
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, works well with others
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Airborne Solutions Engineering*
**Title:** *Software Engineer - Government Systems Data Links & System Manager*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000H8*
To apply for this job, contact: