Full Time Employee
Principal Engineer - Payload Systems Engineering (Job Number:421848)
SAIC is seeking an experienced Payload Systems Engineer for our Chantilly, VA facility.
Our major satellite program office is seeking a systems engineer with technical expertise in the area of optical space sensors. This position requires a breath of knowledge related to systems that involve optical payload subsystems deployed on space vehicles. Specific expertise must include the demonstrated ability to perform and evaluate payload-level engineering trades in the areas of optical instrument performance/design, active line-of- sight stabilization, focal plane array performance, and space-based sensing techniques and challenges. Relevant experience in requirements development and flow-down required.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide primary technical support to the designated government Project Officer.
- Support the customer in the technical assessment of optical sensor subsystem architecture trades, design trade studies, and performance evaluations, through active participation in multi-disciplinary working groups.
- Review and analyze subsystem, unit, and interface specifications and subsequent changes for technical correctness, viability and completeness.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate technical and programmatic impacts resulting from implementation decisions associated with the payload.
- Evaluate system level requirements and assist the government assessment of how design decisions will impact satisfaction of those requirements.
- Perform optical and control system modeling/analysis needed to assess sensor subsystem designs and verify performance.
- Review unit, subsystem and interface analyses to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Support payload activation and characterization as required by the SPO POC.
- Perform independent analysis and deliver analytic findings to the customer, as requested.
- Support and assist the customer in oversight of major program development milestones such as System Design Review, Preliminary Design Review, and Critical Design Review.
- Provide source selection support, technical assessment of contractor proposals and related contract deliverables.
- Evaluate schedules and resource estimates to perform work.
- Other duties as specified by SPO Payload POC.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must currently possess a TS/SCI with POLY
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree with 10+ years’ experience.
- Experience in the following areas:
- National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Space Programs
- Electro Optical Systems
- Optic systems design
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016, 4:18:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: