Full Time Employee
Backup and Recovery Administrator (Job Number:421931)
SAIC has an opening for a Backup and Recovery Administrator located in Arlington, VA.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
SAIC provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. SAIC supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Adhere to existing policies and procedures and enforce them within the team.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment. Manage competing demands. Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Perform in an environment that may include frequent changes, delays, or unexpected production outages.
- Follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Actively participate with and direct teams, including the Incident Management team, to identify the root cause of incidents.
- Address escalations and ensure communications are distributed accordingly.
- Capture and report weekly and monthly operations metrics.
- Work closely with customers to meet storage and data recovery needs.
- Report operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and by managing day-to-day task assignments to the team.
- Manage the current backup environment.
- Identify and help resolve backup\restore and media short falls.
- Perform data restorations.
- Configure and manage backup tape library units and disk based backup targets.
- Work with application developers to determine backup requirements.
- Work with existing developers, system administrators and DBAs to optimize the backup window and media usage.
- Monitor the existing backup environment, disk and tape usage, performance, and storage availability. Report on status.
- Plan and execute the backup installation
- Perform any host-level tasks needed to have a successful backup
- Forecast future media requirements for both tape and backup disks.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four years of experience in a client-server environment
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical, background in technical systems/environments with experience in Veritas NetBackup, backup\restore operations and support
- Ability to multi-task and persevere in a dynamic environment while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated experience maintaining production enterprise storage solutions and supporting infrastructure and software
- Experience administering and providing operational support for backup infrastructure
- Ability to assemble and report performance data in multiple levels of detail
- Basic understanding of fabric zoning
- Working knowledge of SAN storage array, EMC VMAX1/VMAX3, NetApp, VNX arrays
- Knowledge of PURESTORAGE
- Working knowledge of replication technologies for EMC and NetApp Storage
- Hands-on experience with DataDomain
- Hands-on experience with Veritas NetbBackup 7.x with NDMP features
- Understanding of VMware datastores and VMDK backups
- Administrative experience with Windows 2008/2012 servers. LINUX/UNIX is a plus
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance prior to starting
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016, 3:39:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: