Full Time Employee
Desktop Support Technician (Job Number:421851)
About DLA Aviation Richmond:
DLA Aviation Richmond is the Defense Logistics Agency's aviation demand and supply chain manager.
DLA Aviation Richmond is the primary source of supply for more than 1.3 million repair parts and operating supply items supporting 1,300 major weapon systems.
- The Help Desk Technician should ensure that professional support and response standards are met and maintained.
- Develop a thorough understanding of client's applicable hardware/software configurations. This includes system backup/recovery, basis software management, security management, help desk management software, and library management.
- Successfully resolve moderate to more difficult technical issues (related to hardware and software) from incoming customer contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting hardware, software, PC, and printer problems.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Work within Tier 2 Senior supervision to provide desk side support at DLA Aviation for user issues that cannot be resolved by Tier 1, triaging by age and urgency.
- Resolve a minimum of 4 incidents and/or work orders per day.
- Perform user moves of IT equipment and installation of new equipment at DLA Aviation.
- Provide Hot List support as required with urgency.
- Provide Telework As A Reasonable Accommodation (TARA) support at users’ homes as required.
- Provide SIPRNET support as required by contract.
- Supervise as Acting Tier 2 Senior occasionally, dispatching and assigning tickets to self and Tier 2 Team to be worked.
- Provide J6R Service Center support for walk-in users and reset CAC Pins as required.
- Comply with all Asset Management procedures. Resolve printer issues and perform printer maintenance tasks.
- Lead or assist with Special Projects as needed.
- Cross train, mentor, and train other technicians on Tier 2 processes and procedures.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Candidates must be eligible for an Active Secret Clearance to be considered for this position.
- High school education or equivalent and 6+ years of total work experience with at least 1 year customer service experience.
- At least 24 months experience working in a Tier 1 Help Desk Environment.
- At least 1 year business/personal experience with Windows 7. Bachelor’s degree in related field accepted in lieu of experience.
- Candidates must obtain CompTIA Security+ CE (Continuing Education) certification by start date.
- The CompTIA CE requirement is met in one of the following ways: (a)Candidate obtained Security+ prior to January 1, 2011 and enrolled in CompTIA CE program by January 1, 2011. (b) Candidate obtained Security+ after January 1, 2011 and was immediately enrolled in the CE program.
- Candidates who are not enrolled in the Continuing Education Program will not meet contractual DOD 8570 requirements.
- Candidates will also be required to possess one of the following certifications by the date of hire: MCTS on Windows 7, or MCITP EDST for Windows 7 (MS 70- 680).
- Knowledge of Personal Computer and network operation.
- Experience in use of Help Desk management software.
- Possess the ability to evaluate system problems and provide resolutions.
- Be able to participate as subject matter expert in long and short range terminology planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer relationship skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- All technicians on our contract must maintain a Secret Clearance and have their CompTIA Security+ and MCTS in Windows 7 (pass 70-680).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016, 11:27:25 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: