Full Time Employee
Middleware Application Engineer (Job Number:421929)
SAIC has an opening for a Middleware Application Engineer located in Arlington, VA.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
SAIC provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. SAIC supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
SAIC seeks a Middleware Application Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Install, configure and maintain InfoSphere/WebSphere/WebLogic in Windows and LINUX environments.
- Perform troubleshooting, performance tuning, capacity planning, user management, and client communication.
- Lead the daily service review status that occurs at 7AM internally and 8AM with the client. Clearly articulate the technical issues and other relevant details to both team members and client during these calls.
- Present details to the senior technology management team.
- Adhere to a pre-established project schedule.
- Responsible for client communication for the middleware team and escalation to both client and contractor management team.
- Manage the relationship with key business customers, developing an understanding of their business needs and priorities, and delivering software solutions that meet those business needs.
- Provide input to the Product Owner/Business Sponsor on the product strategy and vision, and give feedback on the content and prioritization of the Product Backlog.
- Administer the InfoSphere Information Server platform 9.1 and higher versions on an RHEL platform.
- Provide advice and assistance to teams on technical difficulties, such as scalability, performance, or security.
- Manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Minimum of nine years of experience in architecture and engineering of InfoSphere/WebSphere/WebLogic platforms.
- Skill in using analysis, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to challenges
- Strong customer service orientation
- Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field.
- Experience working with software systems, applications and network markets
- Experience working with technical products, vendors, families of technologies, application design principles, operating systems, hardware and software.
- Experience working with mainframes, scheduling software, and other related technologies
- Good analytical and problem solving skills for design, coordination and testing of applications
- Good skills in application administration, design and architecture
- Configuration experience in SAML and ADFS.
- Experience working with Kerberos
- Six years’ experience utilizing shell scripting/XML
- Experience in setting up FTP
- Six years’ experience utilizing InfoSphere, WebLogic, WebSphere, Documentum, IIS
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance prior to starting
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016, 2:33:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: