Full Time Employee
Junior Systems Engineer (Imaging/Patch Mgmt/BigFix) (Job Number:421930)
SAIC has an opening for a Jr. Systems Engineer located in Arlington, VA.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
SAIC provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. SAIC supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and engineer complex requirements to existing customer infrastructure in a cost effective manner.
- Function as a subject matter expert in the areas of IBM Endpoint Management (BigFix), and supporting Microsoft tools (SCCM, SCOM, DNS).
- Articulate expert solutions through written or verbal methods.
- Troubleshoot complex problems quickly and effectively.
- Four or more years of engineering experience.
- Management experience with IBM Endpoint Management (BigFix) and strong knowledge of supporting Microsoft tools (SCCM, SCOM, DNS, networking, storage, clustering).
- Desktop imaging engineering solution experience.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory administration and VB and Powershell scripting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to multitask without sacrificing attention to details.
- Ability to come up to speed on new project areas quickly as this role will grow quickly.
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Four or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming.
- Current Microsoft certifications are desired.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of systems.
- Communication skills to communicate system proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members.
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Leadership skills to assist less experienced personnel.
- Ability to integrate moderately complex hardware and software systems.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance prior to starting
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2016, 9:53:55 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: