Full Time Employee
Senior Systems Engineer (Job Number:421947)
SAIC has a new opportunity for a Senior System Engineer in the Chanilly, VA. area.
This engineer will provide subject matter expertise to customers in specialized platform systems. The successful applicant will work to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging classified work. Qualified candidates must possess a TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. Key duties/capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as an System Engineer as part of a top-notch System Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team
- Extensive expertise in concept development, requirements definition and trade studies of innovative new systems
- Extensive expertise with the design, analysis, manufacturing and test of platform subsystems
- Knowledge of commercial platform industry
- Review development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flowdown, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
- Participate in operations daily meetings, working groups, engineering review boards, design reviews, test readiness reviews, operational readiness reviews
- Reviews program for risk areas, recommends mitigation approaches
- Ability to work with and influence major development contractors and their suppliers in their design, development, and verification approach while representing the program customer.
- Ability to critique a supplier’s design, development, and verification approach while offering suggestions to remediate problems where necessary.
Must be a US CITIZEN with an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLY
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering or related field, MS preferred. 9 years experience, minimum
- Broad experience in platform concept and requirements development, and subsystem engineering.
- Broad experience with commercial platform industry.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2016, 4:07:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: