Full Time Employee
Since 1993, CarMax Auto Finance has helped more than 1 million customers with their vehicle financing needs. Every year at CarMax Auto Finance, we help more than 100,000 customers purchase vehicles through CarMax.
CarMax Auto Finance is located in Kennesaw, Georgia, and serves more than 500,000 customers. We’re proud to be part of a FORTUNE®: 500 company, as well as named to the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” since 2005.
Under limited supervision, responsible for obtaining new/confirming existing contact information, as well as receiving calls and/or making outbound collection calls to customers who have accounts with CarMax Auto Finance that are past due up to charge off. Ensure that the customer is fully educated on account status, policy/procedures and options available to cure their delinquency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Take incoming/make outbound collection calls to customers and convince customers to make payments/cure outstanding past due balances on their account or surrender vehicle.
• Verify customer information on account is correct and update as necessary.
• Educate customers regarding their account, interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, charge off, payment options and account management options.
• Utilize on-line systems and other resources to perform skip trace work on customers and/or vehicle location to establish contact.
• Select and submit accounts for repossession review.
• Process customer payments via inter-company computer systems.
• Annotate accounts in company database to document interactions with the customer, vendors, etc.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including collection policies/laws.
• Work with other departments/personnel where necessary to resolve customer issues.
• Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
• Participate in one on one meetings with supervisor, department meetings and Compass Impact Planning session.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
• Speak and listen effectively with CarMax customers via phone.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Ability to tolerate stressful interactions with customers.
• Work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
• Apply a common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions and ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
• Understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and collection laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma.
• 6-12 months of late-stage collections experience.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Basic typing skills including minimum speed accuracy requirements.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers.
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers, applicants and associates.
• Ability to execute moderate math skills.
• Ability to follow outlined policies and procedures.
• Ability to recognize when appropriate to escalate situation(s) to Supervisor for assistance.
To apply for this job, contact: