Sears Holdings Corporation (http://jobs.sears.com/vet/learnmore_military.html)
Full Time Employee
The Showcase General Manager is responsible for serving as a role model for providing high level of customized service to members to drive sale while driving business results through effective leadership, team building, direction, and coaching of the Showcase Sale Leads and entire Showcase team in the key areas of revenue growth, expense management, process execution, and member experience. This includes but is not limited to selecting, scheduling, supervising, directing, coaching, counseling, disciplining, training, and performance management of all store associates; sales volume, key driver, and profitability analyses, and performance; identification and solution of business problems; creation and implementation of competitive strategies; managing productivity standards; and overall store management responsibilities.
• Demonstrates ownership for the member experience Showcase-wide and consistently delivering a high level of customized service to members, including the visual, sales, and service experiences. Engages with members to ensure they are receiving the right experience; and understands gaps between expectations and what was delivered and uses a SMART Action plan analysis in closing the gaps.
• Drives Showcase level margin drivers. Delivers acceptable results as measured by the established selling measures with Showcase and Sears and the P&L with an intense focus on member experience and revenue growth. Responsible for monthly sales plan process.
• Integrates insights from interactions, feedback and other information to understand what is working and not working. Facilitates discussions with the Showcase Retail Manager (SGN), Sears Store Manager and Leads, and subsequently leads planning for improvements. Leads discussion of member experience and behaviors related to effective store performance with all store associates, effectively utilizing communication tools.
• Leads the development and sustainment of a Culture of a Unique and Specialized Member experience within the Showcase and the consistent meeting of Sears four Key Results. Functions as the Culture Champion for Showcase. Ensures that the monthly
Sears Culture Toolkit is being utilized within Showcase and is understood by both Leads and associates.
• Recognizes successes with all Showcase associates in delivering an exceptional personalized member experience, and discusses insights from member interactions and feedback. Ensures associates understand members expectations and how they can deliver a high level of customized service to members. Regularly uses Focused Recognitions as a means of supporting associate behavior. Regularly uses internal tools (e.g., SoundBoard, PMP) for associate feedback and development.
• Ensures all associates understand the benefits of the Shop Your Way program, and how to explain the program and value of Shop Your Way Rewards to members. Demonstrates to sales associates how to optimize credit, gift card sales, multi-channel opportunities, and where applicable, Protection Agreements, Merchandise Replacement Agreements, and other miscellaneous income opportunities.
To apply for this job, contact: