Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Sr. IT Program Manager - Chief Operations and Maintenance Engineer (Job Number:421966)
SAIC has a Sr. Program Manager - Chief O&M located in Washington, DC.
- The Federal Civilian Group currently has an opening for a Program Manager/Operations and Maintenance Manager to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 program.
- IRM Supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations, and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
- Work will be performed in Washington, DC.
- The Senior Program Manager - Chief Operations and Maintenance Engineer will lead the Service Management Office (SMO) providing leadership and management of a large (approximately 600 people) IT Service Organization supporting enterprise operations and maintenance, and evolution of the Department of States IT Enterprise.
- The SMO is responsible for Tier 2 and 3 operations of the IT enterprise to include but not limited to: infrastructure above the work group switches managing the delivery of the global and domestic voice and data network services, systems and specialty applications services and security operational services. These services are managed within four principle service lines: Data Networks domain controllers, category I/III encryptors, data communications, switches, routers, and WAN monitoring; Systems and Messaging servers, mainframes, exchange email, mobile computing applications, and DOS legacy messaging systems; Voice Foreign and Domestic telephone, voicemail, and tactical and emergency radio systems; Security, PKI deployment, Anti-virus, secure voice, vault, Key Management System, Mainframe, and network security.
- Tier 2 responsibilities include daily administration, implementation of standard changes, monitoring events and resolving incidents.
- Tier 3 responsibilities include service performance and capacity analysis, trend analysis, problem identification and change recommendations, and resolving escalated incidents.
- The SMO additionally provides oversight and implementation of configuration and change management with ongoing support to the incident management processes.
- The candidate for the Chief Operations and Maintenance Engineer must be a strong leader and provide direction and strategic vision.
- The candidate will be responsible for cost, schedule and performance of the Service Management Office.
- The candidate must ensure coherent and concise communications detailing the scope, progress and results of the service office and all associated technical support teams to include directing key staff and keeping senior management informed of all critical issues.
- The candidate will identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk, and develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of programmatic issues.
- The candidate will have daily interaction with senior leaders within the DOS and must possess excellent communication skills.
Description of Duties:
- The Chief O&M Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a large team supporting Enterprise wide systems and services associated with Networks, Servers, Operational Security systems, and Voice systems.
- Develop and manage ITIL based services using Continual Service Improvement methodologies.
- Interface, coordinate, and resolve issues with multiple senior government managers.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly reviews including financial, technical, and quality performance to ensure that Program objectives and service levels are met.
- Conduct data analysis to quickly identify system and service issues.
- Conduct long range planning to ensure systems and service continuity of operations.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Frequently interact with customers and functional peer groups.
- Self- motivated, work under limited direction.
- Provide programmatic and technical guidance to other personnel.
- Develop written policies and procedures related to service activities.
- Review and assess program operational risks.
- Ensure that internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Ensure performance is monitored and actions taken if performance warrants.
- Understand the interdependencies and strategic impacts of the Program in order to balance priorities while mitigating issues.
- Experience in applying a systematic approach to operate and maintain critical Information Technology Infrastructure operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IT field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments.
- Knowledge of and experience working with current and emerging network and infrastructure technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in operating and maintaining critical infrastructure operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Systems Engineering or related field and 18 years experience with 10+ years of Program and Project Management experience.
- Must have 5 years’ experience managing and providing technical support for IT systems, equipment, engineering, and installations.
- Must have experience managing large Programs/Projects to include direct management oversight of 100+ people.
- Proven, strong communication skills with senior leadership/customers (written and oral)
- Must possess ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Advance Degree in Engineering or Business.
- Knowledge of IT Systems, Equipment, Engineering and Installation procedures.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certifications.
- Project Management Institute Certification.
- Experience with Earned Value cost/schedule management.
- Current Secret clearance required with ability to obtain Top Secret
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2016, 8:07:44 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: