Full Time Employee
Network Engineer - NASA (Job Number:421979)
SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer to support NASA at Moffett Field outside of San Francisco, CA.
- Provide network support toTier 2 and 3 for all Network / Security / VoIP related incidents.
- Administration of Cisco Unified Communications (VoIP) servers and infrastructure.
- Implementing design changes on Core and Distribution layers of LAN to include local and enterprise requirements.
- Administration and design of VPN/Firewall services meeting customer requirements.
- Documentation of all projects and designs to organizational standards. (NASA processes).
- Administration and maintenance of various UNIX / Linux based network monitoring servers.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years’ experience or 8 years of related experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- CCNA or CCNP or CCIE certified.
- 5 year experience in core routing and switching.
- 3+ year experience in Network Service Design and Delivery
- Candidate should have expert knowledge in routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Strong experience with LAN technologies (CDP, VRRP, Spanning Tree, VLAN. QoS, 802.1q, 802.1x, 802.11, 802.1d, LLDP, port-security, etc.)
- Familiar with wireless network infrastructure
- Candidate should have excellent communication and writing skills, including developing and presenting training materials, implementation plans, and diagrams
- Candidate should be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio and Project
- Candidate should be familiar with Juniper or Cisco or Aruba products
- Familiar with Juniper Netscreen, SRX, SA600, EX Series, Cisco 2900 Series, Cisco 4500 Series, Cisco 6500 Series, Aruba Wireless Products
- Performance of wireless surveys including use of a spectrum analyzer
- Meeting with customers to gather specialized networking requirements, especially related to firewalls and wireless
- Development of complex network architectures to meet customer requirements
- Development of detailed implementation plans related to network projects
- VoIP knowledge and experience is a plus
- Presentation of proposals for implementation of network projects
- Participation in peer reviews of implementation plans and architecture
- Development of operational training for designed services
- Training/mentoring of technical staff
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 10, 2016, 12:40:25 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MOFFETT FIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: