Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** Required Experience
• (2-5) years of programming experience using C and or C++ preferred. (Internships considered).
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft operating systems including installation and configuration.
• The following demonstrated capabilities are a plus:
o Working with engineering processes that include design and code reviews
o Working with configuration management process and tools (e.g., DOORS, GIT, ClearCase, StarTeam, etc.).
o Working in a virtualized environment (i.e. VMWare)
• Demonstrated experience with scripting and programming languages (Python, SQL, HTML, TCL, etc.).
• Knowledge and understanding of standard networking protocols (TCP/IP), and network-based application protocols (HTTP, SQL, FTP, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience in simple IP network configuration and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks on-time and within budget in a results-driven environment.
• Flawless communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to interface and collaborate with peers, other departments and all levels of management to develop and improve solutions, and to build and maintain rapport and relationships.
• Ability to complete multiple projects/assignments concurrently while adjusting to changing priorities.
• Proficiency with PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
• Strong problem solving ability, with a willingness to use a variety of software languages and tools as necessary.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft’s Visual Studio software development tools and services for developing software.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience. Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree is preferred.
**Job #:** 16783BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins Information Management Services “IMS” (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins is seeking a Software Engineer with a passion for software development to support the Security Systems portfolio in Carrollton, TX.
The ideal candidate will work under the direction and support of the Software Engineering Development Manager and senior team engineers, and will be responsible for development, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of the AIM Security System software, including:
• Integrating new software features and products into the AIM Security System software portfolio.
• Providing troubleshooting, debugging and fixing of software issues for new and existing projects
• Following the company’s current software development processes.
• Actively maintaining software development skills by participating in company sponsored training classes
• Recommending improvements to the software development process to improve productivity within the organization.
• Participate in technical working groups that continue to improve organizational processes.
• Initially programming in C and C++ with an eventual move towards C#.
** The candidate must have the ability to obtain personnel security clearances at nuclear reactor sites.**
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: