Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Sr NEC PBX Telecommunication Engineer (Job Number:421990)
SAIC is hiring a Senior PBX Telecommunication Engineer to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC
- The Senior Telecommunication Engineer is responsible for the day to day operations of the organization’s core voice and PBX infrastructure, configuration, research, complex trouble shooting and analysis, and special telephone upgrade projects.
- This senior resource will take an active role in capacity planning, network monitoring and technology mentoring.
- They may be required to maintain liaison with outside vendor(predominantly NEC) and order equipment as needed.
- Position must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to multi- task in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
- The successful candidate will work under direct supervision and receive detailed instructions on all work. They will perform predetermined work assignments with detailed instructions and follow established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- O&M experience with a multisite telephony and PBX systems
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise telephony and PBX systems, concepts, applicable methodologies, tools, standards, procedures and policies
- Working knowledge of network protocols that include MPLS and Voice Over IP(VOIP) implementation experience
- The candidate will also require excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work within strict deadlines and a broad spectrum of people
SV9500 (optional if they have the SV8500)
Nortel MPS500 (optional)
- ITIL v3 Knowledge (Certification a plus); Knowledgeable in other telephony and network technologies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline and 5+ years of network engineering experience. Additional 4 years’ experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain a US public trust clearance
- US CITIZEN or GC holder
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016, 9:58:17 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: