Full Time Employee
Senior Cyber Security Analyst (Job Number:421967)
SAIC has a job opening for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst
in Oak Ridge, TN
- Provides technical security solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
Duties may include:
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring
- Tuning and management of IT security systems and applications
- Incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level
- Conducts threat modeling exercises
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards
- May support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting
- May provide briefings to senior staff
Verbal & Written Communications:
- The successful candidate should be able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience or H.S. Degree and 9+ years of experience.
- Experience with Cisco or Palo Alto firewalls is required.
- Experience conducting Threat Analysis.
- Experience with Splunk is highly desired.
US Citizenship is required.
Need to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016, 10:06:15 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: