Full Time Employee
Security Operations Center (SOC) Support (Job Number:421961)
- Provides security monitoring of an assigned system, local area network or enterprise network.
- Performs tuning of network and system sensors to obtain required security information.
- Performs security event monitoring and generates reports of identified incidents.
- Supports incident investigations, and provides incident handling.
- May conduct security scanning and vulnerability and IAVA management.
- Supports network security monitoring, and security tool monitoring.
- May provide tuning and management of IT security systems and applications.
- Supports digital forensics data gathering.
- Senior SOC personnel may be assigned as watch or shift supervisors, providing reports to CIOs, CISOs or senior operational management personnel.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA degree in related discipline and four (4) years related experience; Or, High School and six (6) years related experience and related advanced certification.
- Respond to request for assistance by phone, email and/or SOC system alerts/tickets.
- Logs customer problems and tracks calls through resolution.
- Escalate details of issues to Tier Three support if required.
- Ensure timely escalation of customer security problems by assigning priority and resolution.
- Document SOC processes, procedures and resolution information
- Responsible for prompt, accurate status and feedback on problems to customer’s account management
- Provides day to day security monitoring.
- Diagnose cause of problems being encountered, and determines best resolution. Suggest needed corrective actions
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology, ISO2000, and ISO27001 processes (change management processes and risk management processes)
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for the technical environment, and identify potential improvements
- Standardize and document all new processes and procedures
- Maintain and update problem tracking tool.
- May report recurring problems to management.
- Handles routine tasks with no assistance, general instructions on new assignments.
- Applies job skills and company policies to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Verbal & Written Communications:
- The successful candidate should be able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2016, 10:37:07 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: