Full Time Employee
NOC Technician (Job Number:421957)
- Provides first and second tier technical support to computer customers with IT issues and problems within the scope of the NOC services provided for multiple customers.
- Candidate must be available to work 2nd shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2+ years of experience in a technical NOC/Helpdesk environment is preferred. Associate's degree may be used in lieu of 1 year of experience.
- Candidate must have computer and network skills.
- Must be proficient in alarm recognition and outage diagnosis.
Duties may include:
- Respond to request for assistance by phone, email and/or NOC system alerts/tickets.
- Logs customer problems and tracks calls through resolution.
- Escalate details of issues to Tier Three support if required.
- Ensure timely escalation of customer problems by assigning priority and resolution.
- Document NOC processes, procedures and resolution information
- Responsible for prompt, accurate status and feedback on problems to customers account management
- Provides day to day end user support.
- Diagnose cause of problems being encountered, and determines.
- Suggest needed corrective actions
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology, ISO2000, and ISO27001 processes (change management processes and risk management processes)
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for the technical environment, and identify potential improvements
- Standardize and document all new processes and procedures
- Maintain and update problem tracking tool.
- May report recurring problems to management.
- Handles routine tasks with no assistance, general instructions on new assignments.
- Applies job skills and company policies to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Verbal & Written Communications:
- The successful candidate should be able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2016, 10:36:14 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: