M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
Full Time Employee
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Equipment Operator, II, is responsible for operating machines or vehicles equipped with blades/buckets to remove, distribute level or grade earth, such as a backhoe or excavator. Competent in most phases of an operation. Assists in dealing with problems. Provides solutions to a variety of problems. What to do is defined but how to do it is left up to the individual. Responsible for:
1. Operating machines, equipment and attachments to perform the functions required to complete the project.
2. Operating equipment in successive passes over the work area to achieve a specified result, such as grade terrain or remove, dump or spread earth and rock.
3. Aligning the machine, cutter head, or depth gauge marker with reference stakes and guidelines on the ground or guide on cutting/excavating attachment to set appropriate depth or positioning equipment following hand signals or follow directions from an assistant.
4. Fastening blades or attachments to machine using different style hitches.
5. Connecting hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkages, additional attachments or power takeoff shafts to the equipment.
6. Signaling operators to guide movement of the equipment.
7. Greasing, oiling, performing minor repairs (including tire), and operator level preventive maintenance on the equipment on a daily or weekly basis as required by the manufacturer or. M.C. Dean.
8. Understanding and complying with the regulations such as utility locating/marking requirements and OSHA safety standards.
9. OSHA 1910.178 compliant Industrial Powered Truck Operator.
10. Has vast and comprehendible knowledge of load charts.
11. Performing routine maintenance and determining when and what kind of maintenance is required.
12. Watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure the machine /equipment is working properly.
13. Knowing how to find information and identifying essential information of assigned equipment.2-3 years of experience as an Equipment Operator with a high school degree or GED
To apply for this job, contact: