Full Time Employee Contractor
The Cyber Operations and Exploitation Solutions (COES) Division of ManTech MCIS is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Developer in the Northern VA (Vienna/Tyson's Corner) area. This is a rewarding and highly challenging position with direct support and significant impact to operations of national security.
ManTech is dedicated to hiring the best, and in order to do so we offer great pay and excellent benefits.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with a team of developers creating custom software for a US Government customer. The software's purpose fits within the "Cyber Security" niche.
- Develop System software and kernel modules in the C programming language for the Linux Operating System (Red Hat). The software will connect to a remote server via application layer TCP/IP protocols to receive tasking.
- Research ways to interact with third party applications running on the Operating System. Third party applications may be written in PHP, Java, or C++ and source code may not be provided for compiled applications. An example task may include reverse engineering a ELF binary written in C++ using IDA Pro to expose external APIs that could be called from your process.
- Research security bypass techniques.
- Use tools such as gcc/clang, gdb, IDA Pro, Jet Brains IDEs, git, Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Jenkins, and VMware vSphere.
- Ability to obtain a Secret level US Government security clearance. If you do not currently have a clearance, and are a US Citizen, please apply as we seek the best technically qualified candidate regardless of clearance. If you already have a clearance, we can hold any clearance level (even TS/SCI w/poly).
- Ability to demonstrate senior level knowledge and experience with a popular programming language such as C, C++, Python, or Java.
- Ability to demonstrate senior level knowledge and experience with solving complex problems through software that runs on the Linux Operating System.
- Exhibit our core values: Passion, Capacity, and Humility. We care about our culture so team fit is important.
- Experience with writing secure code and properly implementing encryption methods for files on disk and network communications.
- Experience with writing multi-threaded or multi-process applications.
- Familiarity with Python scripting or programming.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
To apply for this job, contact: