Full Time Employee Contractor
The ISSO’s primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Duties may include: (may be modified with concurrence of the Contracting Officer and contractor Program Manager)
• Review, prepare, and update AIS accreditation packages
• Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification
• Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
• Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
• Represent the customer on various technical review and inspection teams
• Conduct security surveys at subordinate facilities and gather pertinent security documentation for inclusion into system accreditation packages
• Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses
• Maintain AIS security records and prepare Co-Utilization Agreements for network nodes operating in government facilities
• Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems.
• Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
• Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
• Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of certification and accreditation (C&A) efforts
• Review, track, and conduct AIS training
• 1 - 2 years related experience
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2.
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents.
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
To apply for this job, contact: