Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Systems Engineering position on the Fixed Wing FMS Programs team in the Flight Management Applications department. The Fixed Wing FMS programs team works closely across the FMA department to develop FMS subsystem requirements, design, code, and tests that support the overall end-customer design while supporting FMS product-line goals. This team champions software product line concepts, highly automated integration and testing, and utilization of the latest tools and processes. The team supports Airborne Solutions Engineering (ASE) platform teams during development as well as ground and flight testing.
Come join us and help lead the avionics industry!
The system engineering duties will span the entire development lifecycle, from systems design through systems testing.
• Capture subsystem requirements from platform systems engineering
• Create test cases and procedures to verify requirements
• Develop systems architecture and human-machine interface requirements for design changes
• Investigate root cause of issues discovered during integration, testing and flight testing.
• Lead cross-functional team development which includes customer stakeholders to subsystem engineers
• Communicate both orally and written with other engineers, technicians, pilots and management
• Supporting product line execution of FMS software requirements, test development and execution methods
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Commitment to quality and improvement
• Strong knowledge of the Python scripting language
• Strong understanding of systems engineering state of the art practices
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience developing requirements and test for a software application
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Experience working with the ALM tool suite
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Airborne Solutions Engineering*
**Title:** *Senior Systems Engineer - Fixed Wing FMS Programs*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000U8*
To apply for this job, contact: