Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Systems Administrator - Windows Service Team Lead (Job Number:422103)
SAIC is looking for an experienced Windows Service Team Lead to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team that maintains critical Windows IT systems and applications. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership to the Windows team in modernizing and enhancing the PBGC Information Technology Infrastructure.
- Team leadership responsibilities include recommending solutions, troubleshooting, and daily operations of all Windows servers.
- The candidate must have technical leadership experience with one or more teams involved in building, implementing, integrating, documenting, and supporting Windows server 2008 r2 and 2012 r2 as well as Active Directory and Group Policy Object(GPO) management.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of blade infrastructure, ESXi 5.x and Patching process.
- The Windows Service Team Lead provides technical leadership and direction to matrixed teams in the operations and maintenance environment.
- Responsibilities also include managing scope, coordinating key customer stakeholder participation, assessing and mitigating risks, reporting progress against plan, and evaluating lessons learned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 9+ years’ experience in a technical environment with a variety of IT systems with a particular focus on Windows products and technology.
- Often provides technical leadership and oversight for one or more teams in an operations and maintenance environment.
- The successful candidate must have an in depth knowledge of current Windows information technology systems, infrastructures, and technologies.
- Candidate must also have significant technical background, experience and familiarity with Windows servers: Design, Configuration, and Administration of Windows 2008r2 or 2012 r2. Also possess strong knowledge of Active Directory and GPO management experience.
- The candidate must have good soft and interpersonal skills to work with and manage a variety of people on the team.
- Provides technical oversight to experienced professionals (e.g. engineers and system administrators) who exercise discretion and independent judgment performing assignments. Often heads one or more sections of an operations and maintenance team.
- A solid understanding of requirements analysis and verification and strong trouble shooting skills.
- Experience in providing technical leadership to systems administrators, implementing upgrades and solutions in Windows 2012 r2, scripting, database, Certificate Authority, ESXi, AD Management tools, patching process, mobile client management, web servers, System Center Configuration Manager, and Office 365.
- Working knowledge of heterogeneous environments such as Solaris, Linux, Oracle and WebLogic is a major plus.
- All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 20, 2016, 9:28:19 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: