Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Infrastructure Project Manager (Job Number:422105)
SAIC is looking for a PROJECT MANAGER to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team that engineers and implements upgrades and changes to critical IT systems and applications. The customer manages and maintains a roadmap of IT infrastructure projects and upgrades that are prioritized and tasked to support contractors.
- Major projects will include Windows server upgrades beyond SR 2012R2, workstation upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10, RedHat(RHEL) operating system upgrades, JAVA Runtime Edition(JRE) updates across the enterprise, a new secure wireless network infrastructure and a full implementation of enterprise identity and access management(IAM) tools and associated services. These are a portion of the tasks and projects that the project manager in this position would be responsible.
- Project managers provide leadership and direction to matrixed project teams comprised of systems engineers, test engineers, systems administrators, database administrators, project sponsors and others.
- Project managers are responsible for cost, schedule, and quality performance of IT projects. Responsibilities also include managing scope, coordinating stakeholder participation, assessing and mitigating risks, reporting progress against plan, and evaluating lessons learned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6+ years’ experience in a technical environment with a variety of IT systems.
- At least one of those years of experience must be leading the execution of IT projects in a project manager role.
- The successful candidate must have broad knowledge of current information technology systems, infrastructures, and technologies.
- The candidate will have a strong working knowledge of network technologies and concepts, Active Directory, Windows server 2012R2, Windows 7 and 10 OS and Desktop applications such as Office and SharePoint.
- Candidate must also have strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a large community of stakeholders.
- Candidates must possess leadership skills to successfully manage diverse teams.
- All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- PMI Certification strongly preferred.
- A solid understanding of requirements analysis and verification.
- Technical experience and certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, etc.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 20, 2016, 9:20:26 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: