Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Irvine, California. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Irvine, California. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Rockwell Collins Flight Control Systems have been flying and landing airplanes for over 30 years. Our customer base is a who's who of aircraft manufacturers. These industry leaders demand systems which satisfy the highest levels of criticality and quality at the lowest cost possible. This dichotomy provides a continuous challenge to our engineering team to employ new technology and methodologies in the development of our complex systems.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to take on design and sustaining responsibilities in the development of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuators, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military, and air-transport aircraft.
Systems engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture, system testing, and field support. While working in a cross-functional team environment, daily tasks will include:
• Requirements development and management,
• Mechanical design, analysis, troubleshooting, and review,
• Budget and schedule management,
• Test/verification planning, development, and execution,
• Customer interface, coordination, and communication, and
• Coordination with manufacturing operations.
* The selected candidate must be motivated to learn at a fast pace, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work autonomously or in a highly interactive team environment.
* Knowledge/experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design, aerospace development process, electro-mechanical systems or aerospace mechanical systems
* The ideal candidate will have experience with Matlab/Simulink, and a lab environment.
* CAD design software
* A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
* US Citizenship or permanent residence (Green Card) is required.
* Manufacturing for many of our products and our customers are in locations that require travel. Travel distances range from 50 miles to global locations. Travel requirements vary with assignment, but will average 10%.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Flight Controls Engineering*
**Title:** *Systems Engineer - Flight Controls/Electromechanical Systems - New Grad - Irvine, CA*
**Location:** *California-Irvine, CA*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000UJ*
To apply for this job, contact: