Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineerto join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The successful applicant will perform a variety of systems engineering assignments on the next generation of military GPS products using leading edge tools, techniques, and methodologies. As a member of the team, you will learn to take on responsibilities that span all phases of system product development including requirements analysis and capture; system architecture definition and system design; requirements allocation and traceability; system integration; and system verification. Senior engineers will be available to provide mentoring to develop your skills as a system engineer and to increase your depth of knowledge in GPS technology.
The position requires the following:
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good team work skills
• A desire to participate on a results-oriented, product development team
• Be highly motivated; self directed; and able to balance multiple tasks
• Technical aptitude and professionalism
If the applicant has any of the following, it would be a plus:
• An understanding of current system engineering processes
• Prior experience in GPS development
• Experience with system requirements development & management
• Experience with system integration and test
• Experience with modeling languages such as UML, SysML, and DoDAF
• Familiarity with Engineering Development tools like DOORS, Matlab, Simulink, Enterprise Architect, etc.
• Experience with GPS simulators
• Experience with hardware description languages (e.g. VHDL, etc.)
• Experience with modern software languages (e.g. Java, C, C , C#, Python, perl, etc.)
* A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
* US Citizenship is required as well as the ability to obtain a DoD clearance.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Navigation Products Engineering*
**Title:** *Systems Engineer - New Grad*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000T2*
To apply for this job, contact: