Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech Technical Services Group established itself as an industry leader in worldwide technology support providing support to the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force as well as other key Department of Defense customers and
we would like to consider YOU as part of our team.
Provide engineering, scientific, and operational support for a REF Expeditionary Laboratory Mobile (ELM) and each Hardstand Laboratory in, but not limited to Afghanistan. This support will include rapid prototyping and provision of limited production/assessment items, identification of off-the-shelf solutions, procurement of COTS equipment, modifying COTS equipment, testing, developing technology protocols, product demonstrations, technology evaluations, and reporting activities.
• At least five years of experience staffing and supporting technology-centric military development efforts in Afghanistan
• experience must include identifying problems and implementing technology solutions overseas, as well as have a proven track record working with CONUS-based development efforts
• work must have been of a prototyping nature and performed by engineers and scientists
• be proven technical problem solvers who can build their own solutions by assembling existing equipment/products
• Performs a variety of complex engineering tasks of an analysis, design, or test nature in one or more of the company’s product/service areas requiring strong technical skills in one or more software and/or hardware engineering disciplines. - - Participates on project teams and provides guidance to less advanced engineers.
• Engineering activities support both domestic and international products/services.
• Candidate requires a wide range of repair and maintenance skills. Must be proficient in troubleshooting problem areas and coming up with innovative solutions after visual inspection.
• Ability to be resourceful in engineering and scientific problem solving.
• Requires skill in numerous areas of craftsmanship with ability to perform general maintenance, equipment workmanship, and generator repair.
• Preparation of status reports, instructional guides for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining equipment. Must be available to respond to emergency issues as necessary.
Must be proven technical problem solvers who can build their own solutions by assembling existing equipment/products
• Must be capable of rapidly providing a solution with the resources at hand
• must have a broad knowledge of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics, physics, and technology and must be able to communicate ideas effectively with military members of all ranks
• Must be prepared to provide this support if the government relocates and/or adds laboratories to other locations as needed to support REF efforts and other emergent requirements worldwide
• Skills required: CAM (GibbsCam preferred), 3D printing, CNC milling, welding (MIG, TIG), proper use of power tools, hand tools, soldering, wire splicing.
• Demonstrated experience of fabrication processes.
• Ability to produce complex machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical controlled (CNC) mill.
• Demonstrated past performance of rapid fabrication of solutions, spiral technology of modified COTS/GOTS, limited production, and sustainment.
• Ability to transfer information from verbal requests, rough sketches, CAD models or drawings to completed products of a high degree of complexity and high quality.
• Must be able to communicate and represent REF and ECBC in a professional manner in front of all levels of US Army personnel and Department of the Army Civilians.
• Able to work independently with little guidance.
• Able to work in close quarters in a small team.
• Able to thrive professionally in austere environments.
• Must be comfortable providing briefings and speaking to small groups of people.
• Able to conduct rigorous physical work indoors and outside in extreme temperatures.
• Able to hike on mountain sides.
• Able to lift heavy objects, up to 50lbs.
Other requirements, comments:
• Deployed position, Afghanistan or other location as Directed
• Must be capable of living in an austere environment
• Prior direct military service is a plus
Candidate must be willing to work and live in U.S. Military Bases and travel between U.S. Bases by Military AIR or Force Protected convoy. Past military experience highly desirable. Overseas work in the South West Asia will be compensated including hardship, hazardous differentials and bonus pay. U.S. DOD SECRET security clearance is required. Candidate must possess a valid US drivers license and US passport. Candidate must meet all physical, medical and other requirements for overseas deployment in accordance with current DoD regulations. This position is in a TDY
status in SWA; candidate may be required to fulfill other duties and obligations associated with the contract and may be
reassigned from one U.S. Military Base to another based on the needs of the contract.
To review the medical and dental requirements for overseas deployment in accordance with DOD regulations please review the following site (please review both Medical Requirements and Dental Requirements):
Clearance required: Secret
**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to **classified information.
“ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability.
To request an accommodation, please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.”
To apply for this job, contact: