Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a*Sr Software Engineer- mobile ad hoc network technologies* tojoin our team in Cedar Rapids. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Advanced Technology Center (ATC) Communication & Navigation Systems (CNS) is seeking a Sr Systems Engineer to join the Networking Technologies group
ATC servers as Rockwell Collins’ primary Research and Development organization. As an ATC engineer, you will continually advance the state of the art through the creation of innovative system concepts and technological capabilities. As cutting edge concepts / capabilities are proven, matured and demonstrated, you will collaborate with business unit engineers in the adoption and transition of technologies into the next-generation of Rockwell Collins products and services.
This role consists of working with a group of highly innovative engineers towards the invention, development, and demonstration of new networking concepts and capabilities. This position entails the pursuit and development of cutting-edge networking solutions that can quickly go from concept, to field demonstration, to fielded product. The applicant must be creative, highly self-motivated, have strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
_Typical responsibilities will include:_
• Supporting the development of advanced networking systems/subsystems and develop innovation strategies
• supporting pursuits for new business opportunities, targeting research organizations such as DARPA, ONR, CERDEC, AFRL, Army Research Labs, etc.
• Supporting the software development and execution of external technology R&D programs as well as ATC internal research and development IR&D projects
_The following talents and characteristics are very desirable:_
• Prior software development using C/C /11/14, Java, Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
• Experience with build tools (SCons, Make, CMake, Ant, etc.)
• Experience with revision control systems (SVN, ClearCase, Git, Mercurial, etc.)
• Experience in embedded systems/software development and networked applications / networking stack protocol implementation
• Knowledge of COTS networking concepts and technologies across all layers of stack, including but not limited to IPv4, IPv6, Routing, Multicast, NAT, TCP, UDP, OLSR, OSPF, PIM, IPSec, VPN, ACLs, ToS and QoS, etc.
• Experience in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks and / or Tactical Data Links
• Excellent verbal/written communication and teamwork skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated capability in a fast-paced, dynamic, creative work environment
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic works well with others
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
* Prior software development using C/C /11/14, Java, Bash, Python, etc.
* Experience in embedded systems/software development and networked applications / networking stack protocol implementation
* Knowledge of COTS networking concepts and technologies across all layers of stack, including but not limited to IPv4, IPv6, Routing, Multicast, NAT, TCP, UDP, OLSR, OSPF, PIM, IPSec, VPN, ACLs, ToS and QoS, etc.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (*or**5 percent if you save 8 percent*)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Communication & Navigation Systems*
**Title:** *Sr Software Engineer- Mobile ad hoc network technologies*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000HL*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Minnesota-Bloomington, MN*
To apply for this job, contact: