Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
AEGIS Integrated Combat System Risk Manager (Job Number:422069)
AEGIS Integrated Combat System Risk Manager opportunity available in Washington, DC.
As part of a large Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, the candidate will provide systems engineering and acquisition support to develop future Integrated Combat System baselines to be integrated on legacy and New Construction AEGIS cruisers and destroyers.
- The individual will directly support the AEGIS Integrated Combat System (ICS) Strategic Planning (PEO IWS 1 SP) Principal Assistant Program Manager in executing early systems engineering tasks to develop and upgrade the AEGIS fleet on destroyers and cruisers at the Washington Navy Yard. Responsibilities will include liaison with the PEO IWS and his staff, the OPNAV sponsor (N96) staff, PAPMs within PEO IWS 1.0, Warfare Centers under the purview of PEO IWS, other directorates within PEO IWS, other SYSCOMS and other relevant NAVSEA organizations and supporting activities.
- This member of the Strategic Planning team will manage risk in accordance with the DOD Risk, Issue, and Opportunity Management Guide (Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Systems Engineering, June 2015), manage the risk associated with the design, development, procurement, fielding and maintenance of the ACS on behalf of all PEO IWS 1.0 PAPMs.
- Identify major ACS element integration risks related to all phases of the Systems Engineering process. For each, he/she will maintain a chart that defines risk in terms of an “if – then” statement, renders likelihood and impact of occurrence and delineates a mitigation plan.
- Collect input from Baseline managers and PARMs.
- Attend Product Line development decision risk assessments, trade-off analyses the Risk Advisory Board.
- To identify and evaluate risks, the candidate will work closely with the entire Strategic Planning team and representatives from each of PEO IWS 1.0 PAPM in addition to the external organizations discussed above.
He/she will be aware of all AEGIS Integrated Combat Systems Engineering efforts including but not limited to:
- Requirements analysis and capability package management and the AEGIS ICS specification tree
- Architecture and roadmaps at the ICS and Enterprise level
- Mission and Functional analysis
- Program Objective Memoranda, resource allocation and Task Planning Sheets
- Contract management
- Advanced Capability Builds and Technical Insertion efforts
- Common Source Library
- ICS Integration
- Ship Integration and Test
- Verification and Validation
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five 3+ years or more experience; Masters and 1+ years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiar with Department of Defense - Dept. of the Navy
- At least 3 years of Microsoft Office experience
- Familiar with Shipboard Systems
- AEGIS Weapon System
- Operational Risk Management
- Risk Management experience
- Risk and Reliability Solutions
- Risk Radar
- Safety and Safety Risk Management
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- PMI-RMP: Project Management Institute – Risk Management Professional
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 22, 2016, 10:55:02 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: