Job Title: Team Leader Warehouse- Oakdale, CA
As you know, at ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we are creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest.?
Recruiter: Rosalinda Batsford
Hiring Manager: Steve Leahy
Career Level: CL20
Provide functional and technical expertise in the area of distribution services. Focus on improving associate execution in the areas of inventory control, shipping, receiving, food safety, and effective transport of raw and finished materials. Coach Distribution, and Shipping/Receiving associate teams to achieve results in a quality, safe and efficient manner, collaborating with USDA, Safety, Human Resources, Quality Assurance, Inventory planning, Operations, and Maintenance. Execute appropriate actions to solve inefficient product movement and work with Warehouse Manager and Plant Operations to achieve acceptable customer service at minimum cost.
- Manages distributions operations to maintain accurate inventory and reporting systems for finished products, raw materials, packaging and ingredients.
- Ensures that teams are trained and qualified to execute against inventory processes that meet or exceed corporate quality standards for food safety.
- Ensures orders for shipments are processed in a timely and accurate manner to meet customer requirements and established corporate level service targets.
- Ensures a safe work environment and works with Safety department and team to meet corporate goals and governmental standards, including but not limited to, training and certifications on forklifts, order pickers, floor maintenance equipment and fall protection.
- Collaborate effectively with Plant Operations, Supply Planning, Transportation, Sales and customer contacts in order to promote a high standard of customer service.
- Manage Distribution operations to deliver favorable Direct and Indirect labor costs and ensures that Distribution Center operations meet or exceed service level targets within budget. Provides direction and team engagement on loss identification and elimination, application and training of continuous improvement methodology and provide environment for accountability. Develops distribution associate team to enable development of personal and company goals/objectives, and conducts formal performance evaluations of team direct reports.
- Effectively utilize the HR planning process systems to facilitate PMP, IDP and talent review process.
- Coaches team to achieve repeatable performance against departmental productivity goals set forth by Platform Logistics and efficiently manages proper manpower needs to process customer and stock transfer orders complete and on time.
- Develop engaged and competent employees and team to drive business results. Coordination of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and allergens for all raw and packaging with Quality Assurance.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of slotting and material flow (raw, package, finished goods) to develop innovative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness where appropriate. duties include data collection, analysis, evaluation, scenario recommendations to support warehousing, transportation.
- Bachelor's degree or related experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the warehouse operations (material handling forklift operation, inventory control, yard management), both union and non-union.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of distribution operations and logistics, as well as information systems, customer service, transportation, inventory management and supply chain management.
- The individual must be decisive and innovative, and possess solid interpersonal, coaching, verbal/written communications and presentation skills, strong influencing, negotiation, conflict management and team building skills.
- Proficient Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) knowledge and actual on-hand application experience SAP WM application and implementation experience preferred.
- Proven record managing daily operations using WMS tools and analysis. Computer program literacy including but not limited to Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- . Key Leadership Competencies: Integrity/Trust, Ethics/Values. Working knowledge of Lean Supply Chain- applicable knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodology-Lean, VSM, Kaizen, FI, SRC, 5S, Standard Work.
- Experience managing warehouse operations in a food grade environment- working knowledge of USDA and food safety requirement and application...examples include AIB (American Institute of Baking, C&T (Cooke & Thurber), ASI (American Sanitation Institute).
- Experience with participating and leading a Behavioral Based Safety program at a departmental and plant level.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.