Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
If you are a person that wants to work as part of dynamic team that is making a visible difference within an organization and enjoys working with people to solve problems and create technical solutions, then this is the job for you. Come and see what great things we are doing and the differences we are making as part of this team.
This position works within the Rockwell Collins Data Analytics & Applications (DA&A) organization. The Sr. Software Developer is responsible for the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of new and existing reporting and web solutions to support supply chain operations. This position works as part of a team, which includes the department‘s Business Process Analysts, to understand customer requirements and data sources to create technical and process solutions for internal customers. The team is focused on the development and delivery of data solutions that create visibility and efficiencies within DA&A and the Rockwell Collins Material & Supply organization.
This position will be responsible for:
• Defining, developing, testing, and implementation of reporting solutions from simple to moderately complex applications
• Performing business analysis of systems and follow through the full development life cycle
• Coordinating, implementing, and communicating system changes and enhancements
• Translating business needs into technical requirements
• Investigating and understanding new technologies
• Understanding of key Enterprise Resource Planning systems SAP and BW would be beneficial, along with demonstrated experience of applying LEAN principles to determine root cause and problem solving. Knowledge of Rockwell Collins business processes would be ideal.
• A Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or, in the absence of a degree, six years of related experience
• U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency (Green Card) is required
• Must have proficiency in the following: .NET Framework, HTML/CSS, C# or Java, SQL/MySQL
• Communication skills, both oral and written
• Application documentation skills
Preferred technical skills:
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),
• SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS),
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Version Control (SVN)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
? Medical, dental, and vision insurance
? Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
? Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
? Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
? An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
? Tuition reimbursement
? And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Title:** *Senior Software Developer*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *PRO000001X4*
To apply for this job, contact: