Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software engineer position in the Flight Management Applications departments. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The position initially requires the verification of software requirements by creating and running functional tests in a laboratory or desktop test environment utilizing a combination of simulations and interfacing subsystems. Knowledge of the Python test command language or the ability to pick this skill up quickly is essential. In addition, the assignment will require assisting in requirements analysis and capture, subsystem design, software requirements definition, integration, and formal test for requirement verification. The candidate will perform these assignments in conjunction with other system and software engineers using Rockwell Collins engineering processes.
Candidates will be expected to independently perform multiple tasks given some support from a mentor.
Candidates are expected to be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated
* A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
* US Citizenship is required.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
**Organization:** **Airborne Solutions Engineering*
**Title:** *Software Engineer - New Grad*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000HC*
To apply for this job, contact: