Full Time Employee
SLAMEX Program Support Training Analyst / Tomahawk Weapons System (Job Number:422186)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a qualified Tomahawk Weapons System training subject matter expert (SME) to provide Sea-Launched Attack Missile Exercise (SLAMEX) support at Tactical Training Group, Atlantic (TTGL), Dam Neck, VA as a Training Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the implementation, execution, and assessment of the training program and requirements to support SLAMEX.
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The training analyst in this position will provide SME support and serve as a Tomahawk SLAMEX trainer supporting the Fleet Response Training Plan, including unit level academic training; Navy Mission Essential Task List (NMETL)/Navy Training Information Management System (NTIMS) development tracking and training; development, execution, and assessment of training scenarios; shipboard training team and training officer seminars; and fleet synthetic training (FST) program training at TTGL.
The ideal candidate for this position is a Tomahawk operations SME, having stood watch on a Tomahawk-equipped platform as a Tomahawk Weapons Systems operator and/or supported SLAMEX training in a schoolhouse. In addition, the candidate will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least three years of applicable Training SME experience in:
- Conducting fleet training analyses to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
- Delivering training in person and/or online
- Developing training curricula
- Managing training projects
- Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint training objectives
Specific Functional Area duties will include the following tasks:
- Develop scenario scripts for SLAMEX and related distributed training exercises.
- Receive unit exercise participation requests and consolidate the participation or "player" list.
- Tailor exercise scenarios to include TLAM targets and missions to achieve participants' NMETL training objectives in accordance with ships force readiness manual (SFRM) and FRTP requirements and exercise guidance provided via a Government furnished information (GFI) planning document or staff event planning meeting.
- Review and incorporate TLAM strike warfare principles, doctrine and policy, fleet commanders' guidance, current operational trends, previous SLAMEX and TLAM exercise lessons learned into scenario scripts.
- Produce the Tomahawk command information (TCI) including the strike package and transmit to participants via MDS.
- Review GFI TLAM planning products and provide change recommendations to achieve training objectives and provide feedback to the GFI exercise communications plan.
- Identify and submit IP addresses for exercise participant system access through the TTGL network firewall.
- Provide FST planning support for FST events (FST-GC, FST-J, etc.), in addition to SLAMEX planning and scenario development described above.
- Provide other Integrated Training Planning for training or exercises incorporating TLAM training in addition to the core SLAMEX planning and scenario development.
- Provide SLAMEX Exercise Support for SLAMEX, FST and other TLAM training, including:
- Turn-on/shut-down, set-up, perform system administration and configuration, test and monitor system performance of TLAM training related systems such as GCCS, Tomahawk command and control system (TC2S), Tomahawk strike network (TSN), and cruise missile training personal computer (CMTPC) to achieve training objectives.
- Provide participant real-time/remote technical guidance and troubleshooting of TLAM systems.
- Create/modify the training scenario GCCS track pictures using CMTPC inputting scenario products into GCCS databases.
- Maintain training databases and archive scenarios. Distribute TLAM strike tasking products via TC2S in accordance with scenario time line.
- Provide white cell role-play of notional warfare elements (e.g., Supporting Arms Coordination Center/Fire Support Coordination Center [FSCC], ground force commanders, Joint Terminal Attack Controller [JTAC], and Forward Air Controller [FAC]) as required, utilizing GFI command and control (C2) systems such as chat and simulated/real radio voice communications in accordance with standard naval and joint operational communication and tactical procedures.
- Conduct post-game analysis of training systems fidelity/functionality and provide accurate and complete documentation of deficiencies.
- Configure TLAM training systems such as TC2S and TSN to support external requests for assistance with communications checks, systems testing or use.
- Provide SLAMEX Training Systems Maintenance and System Administration, including turn-on/shut-down, set-up and performance of system administration and configuration of TLAM training related systems such as GCCS, TC2S, TSN, Mission Distribution System (MDS), and CMTPC.
- Perform user and admin-level maintenance, configuration, and maintain related documentation.
- Perform administration functions to sustain work station operating system/application performance to meet TLAM training objectives.
- Review government proposed draft TLAM publications (e.g., Tactics, Techniques and Procedures [TTP], Navy warfare publication [NWP], operational publications [OP], and OPTASKs) and provide SME feedback regarding TLAM operations and training.
- Provide training support for Numbered Fleet Commander (NFC) TLAM certifications through the SLAMEX program and on-site training visits, as required.
- U.S. citizen with Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
- Active military duty experience as a former Tomahawk watchstander who served and deployed on board a Tomahawk configured ship.
- Four (4) years of applicable technical and general Training SME experience (six years in lieu of Bachelor’s degree will be considered).
- Two (2) years of applicable Training SME and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above), including operational experience with TC2S, TSN, MDS, and CMTPC.
- Four (4) years of experience with the TLAM program, including involvement in all major phases of TLAM training events (Phases I through III).
- Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
- Experience at the senior management level and/or as a Combat Systems Training Team member.
- Experience at the instructor/evaluator level on a strike group or NFC staff involving TLAM mission planning and execution.
- Familiarity and solid understanding of the Navy Composite Warfare Commander (CWC) concept with strong knowledge of TLAM and Navy strike warfare.
- Familiarity with Surface Force Readiness Manual (SFRM), Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM) and use of the Master Scheduling Program (MSP).
- Significant experience with FST utilizing the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) to conduct scenario development and integration of LVC capabilities into a realistic training environment.
- Experience as a Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) simulation operator.
- Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
- Designation as Afloat Training Specialist/Master Training Specialist is a plus.
- **Current DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 11:23:59 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: