ConAgra Foods (www.conagrafoodscareers.com/)
Full Time Employee
Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food — everyday food — in extraordinary ways, which is why we’re creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Performs repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on machines and equipment. Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and welding. Conducts routine, periodic or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment. Uses hand and power tools. Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment. 2 years related experience.
|• Use shop power tools and hand tools.|
• Incumbent will replace belts, chains, bearings, perform basic repairs, etc., perform plumbing and operation of threading machine and read basic layout and blueprints.
• This position must have a good working knowledge of all plant equipment and repairs of said equipment and must work in close contact with shift supervisory personnel.
• Ability to perform structurally sound welds and acceptable cutting equipment as listed below:
o -Use of acetylene cutting torch - mild steel.
o -Arc weld (all positions) - mild steel.
• Must take responsibility to initiate frequent housekeeping to insure safe and clean conditions in all areas of responsibility.
• Understands and follows all safety rules and procedures including those for chemicals normally used and their toxicity levels and labeling.
• Must have a basic understanding of electricity and with electrical switches and solenoids, including how and where to use a VOM and AMP meter.
• Must have a basic understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Ability to initiate checks necessary to insure normal plant equipment operates at its designed operational capacity.
• Have a good knowledge of locations and operation of all related gauges, measuring equipment and control equipment related to normal operation for all general equipment.
• Must know or learn plant control circuits and machinery switches.
• Understands and complies with Lockout/Tagout Policy procedures at all times.
• This position must work in any assigned area throughout the plant and other maintenance duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
• The employee may be required to work overtime, any shift, work any or all days of the week in accordance with production and maintenance schedules.
• This employee is responsible for maintaining the safe operation of their work area and for bringing to supervisory personnel any unsafe conditions present.
• Acquires within thirty (30) days of job assignment ownership of the proper tools for the job as specified by the company.
Position Qualifications• One year certificate from college or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong mechanical skills and some lifting are required.
• Need effective working knowledge of basic electrical circuitry, controls & pneumatics.
• Scaling and HACCP equipment knowledge a plus.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated, goal oriented, safety and environmental conscious.
• Must be willing to work any shift and any or all days of the week to support the 24/7 operation.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.Production/Maintenance
To apply for this job, contact: