Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides communication and clerical support to patients and clinical staff and performs specified patient care activities under the direction of the assigned clinical supervisor to facilitate the effective operation of outpatient clinics, and ensure that Parkland's financial viability is secured at the most basic level. Performs focused pupil assessments and dilation with administration of ophthalmic drops as ordered by provider, lensometry and autorefraction for patients within the COPC Optometry Clinic.
- Must have completed training through an accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Must have three years of front physician office experience.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Must have and maintain Texas Department of Health State Services Vision Screening program certification as a vision screener within 90 days of hire or placement into job.
- Must have and maintain Texas Department of Health Services Texas Radiation Control Act registration to use audiometric equipment by within 90 days of hire or placement in role whichever date is greater.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must pass the Medical Assistant Examination prior to employment with a minimum score of 83%.
- Must be familiar with diagnostic procedure codes.
- Must score 85% on pre-employment spelling test.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to conduct ocular tests.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of personal computers, medical software, and other standard office equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, in a calm, sensitive, reassuring and persuasive way with patients, families, and Parkland staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and be professional in both appearance and approach.
- Must be detail oriented, possess basic mathematical skills, and have sharp analytical skills to resolve registration issues as they relates to multiple groups including third party payors, physicians, patients and Parkland.
- Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to remain focused and resourceful in adverse working conditions to ensure technical problems may be analyzed and resolved.
- Must be able to solve problems within the guidelines of established policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work autonomously and unsupervised in General Practice, often under pressure, in the absence of guidance from department and clinical managers, while maintaining a high standard of patient care, education and time management.
- Must be able to work in isolation from other colleagues within a clinical setting.
- Must demonstrate ability to manipulate technical equipment, i.e. digital fundus camera and prepare patients for screening.
- Must have enhanced levels of hand-eye coordination, sensory skills and dexterity for speed, accuracy and quality of photography.
- Must have ability to see fine detail and have visual patter recognition of digital retinal images.
- Must demonstrate ability to plan, organize and utilize time management skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to train others.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Basic medical terminology knowledge preferred.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Medical Homes COPC
To apply for this job, contact: