Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Prepares operating rooms for surgery, provides technical services, assists during routine to complex surgeries, and maintains documentation to ensure activities meet OR, and PHHS requirements.
Requirements for Practicing Surgical Technology in the State of Texas (per Texas H.B. 643-Chapter 259):
1. Has successfully completed an accredited educational program for surgical Technologist and holds and maintains certification as a surgical technologist by:
a) the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or its successor;
b) the National Center for Competency Testing or its successor;
c) another surgical technologist certification program approved by the department; OR
2. Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service.
- Main OR ¿ Must have two years of experience in an operating room/healthcare environment or demonstrated proficiency in 6 services.
- ASC ¿ Must have two years of experience in an operating room/healthcare environment or demonstrated proficiency in 4 services.
In addition to State of Texas requirements (above)
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Must have 24 CEU hours in a specialty area.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic working knowledge of surgical equipment, instruments and procedures.
- Must be able to set priorities and perform under stressful situations.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge in use of aseptic techniques.
- Must be able to recognize and correct immediately any breaks in aseptic technique.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to work a change in shift, or flexible hours when the work requires such changes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with hospital staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-valued behaviors.
This job is currently posted on Linkedin.com #LI. Please FOLLOW Parkland on Linkedin.com to get the latest information on our new move to the Hospital.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
To apply for this job, contact: