Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for the daily management of unit activities including staff supervision and development, planning, budget, quality and facility operations and coordinating patient services to ensure high quality patient care and optimal outcomes.
Level is determined by:
- Size of Budget for Salaries/Supplies
- Number of FTE's
- Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Complexity of services offered is areas supervised - multiple services, multiple units
- Specialty Training is required to manage services
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing; OR,
- Must obtain a Bachelor's degree within three years of placement in job.
- Prefer Master's degree in Nursing.
- Must have four years of professional nursing experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- -Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on file.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be capable of serving as a clinical resource for staff.
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of assigned department operations including policies, personnel and budget management.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, nursing staff, management and administration.
- Must be capable of leadership and have effective organization skills.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Post Anesthesia Care Unit
To apply for this job, contact: