Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for providing total nursing care for assigned patients, under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, in order to ensure quality care.
Education and/or Licensure:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing and/or licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Licensed Vocational Nurse; or have a valid Compact LVN License.
Non-Waived Point of Care Testing
- Individuals who perform non-waived POCT must have a high school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a college degree.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalence to United States education standards by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) or COLA authorized credentialing agency.
- A copy of the high school diploma, GED, college degree/transcript or foreign education equivalence report will be required at time of hire or placement in job.
- Must have current, valid LVN license or temporary LVN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact LVN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
- May be required to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification during initial orientation.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on file.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, patient, and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of appropriate nursing skills.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Cardiology Group
To apply for this job, contact: