Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives, devising and/or modifying procedures to solve complex problems. Designs, codes, and tests programs to ensure that systems work as requested.
Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Must have four years of Applications experience in the relevant technology environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to develop system specifications and decision flows, in the form of flow charts or equivalent techniques, from written business requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid (everyday use) working knowledge of computer products depending upon the technical environment of the position.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and senior personnel to fully understand tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, with regard to system issues.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of patient data and the use of this data in a healthcare environment, as applicable.
- Must demonstrate the ability to develop system configuration/modifications from detailed specifications.
- Must be able to accept verbal and/or written problems or direction from senior staff and business users and demonstrate an ability to prepare specifications that reflect provided information (with coaching from senior personnel).
- Must have knowledge of products such as word processing, spreadsheets and management of database tables in a PC environment.
- May be subject to temporary reassignments to other managers, supervisors, teams and/or projects based upon the needs or priorities of the department.
This job is currently posted on Linkedin.com SF:LI. Please FOLLOW Parkland on Linkedin.com.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.IT-Data Management & Reporting
To apply for this job, contact: