Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Sr. Service Desk Manager (Job Number:422246)
SAIC has an opening for a Service Desk Manager located in Washington, DC.
SAIC currently provides support on a major contract for its users with mobile and remote access services to include BlackBerry, Apple iOS and Citrix Remote Desktop technologies. In support of these services, the Service Desk Manager will oversee and manage operational support and personnel who provide mobile and remote access services to the Department. The Service Desk Manager will provide leadership, mentoring, and in-depth day-to-day technical guidance and management oversight to a team of Service Desk Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel. The well-qualified candidate will possess and apply sound management principles to set the tone and pace for the maturation of the organization. The candidate must be a self-starter, providing leadership, technical direction and supervision to personnel supporting the operations and maintenance activities across the enterprise. The candidate must be capable of evaluating service performance metrics, communicating system performance, and leading teams in response to incidents/problems, performing risk assessments, and managing and directing operational staff as needed to ensure managed programs are performing optimally.
Description of Duties:
- Meet or Exceed all operational and performance based metrics associated with the incident and service request process.
- Ensure all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests are attended to or resolved promptly and efficiently within service level targets.
- Actively monitor call and ticket queues to ensure customer calls and tickets are promptly addressed.
- Regularly monitor, review, and analyze operational and performance based metrics to determine/recommend opportunities for improvement and/or training initiatives.
- Ensure Shift Leads (Day, Swing, and Mid shifts) are apprised of the service level performance (metrics), planned/unplanned outages, ongoing Engineering initiatives, and internal/external communications.
- Monitor performance of all Shift Leads to ensure their shifts are meeting/exceeding all operational and performance metrics, following documented SOPs, and providing regular reports (as requested or directed) in a timely manner.
- Ensure all incident and service request tickets are thoroughly documented per SOPs to include analysis of the incident/service request, troubleshooting and resolution steps takes, and follow up with customers (as necessary).
- Ensure all incidents and service requests are promptly escalated across Tiered support per SOPs
- Ensure all support personnel Service Desk and Systems provide prompt and professional service to customers and provide guidance to support staff as required.
- Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
- Communicate all planned/unplanned service outages to management, Engineering Leads, and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center.
- Frequently communicate with Engineering Lead on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure Service Desk and Systems staff are prepared to support the Department
- Frequently communicate with the Communications and Training Lead on providing targeted training opportunities based on the overall performance of the Service Desk and System Personnel
- Identify, notify, and address operational deficiencies with Program Manager and Engineering Lead.
- Promptly notify management of potential system problems or customer issues
- Ensure all required reporting is completed correctly, edited, proofread and ready for dissemination. Some of these reports may include staff’s production tickets (daily/weekly/monthly tickets received, tickets closed, tickets pending, etc.), turnover information, daily shift log, and hot issues reports.
Location of Service Desk and Systems support services include:
Walkup: provide support to walk-in customers for mobile and remote access services. Staff in this location enter incidents and service requests into Remedy; perform in-person device actions with users; perform in-person troubleshooting with users; perform in-person provisioning with users; tutor users on mobile devices; perform customer liaison activities; enter data into the inventory tracking system; add account information into Active Directory; add new accounts in the correct Citrix Access Gateway (CAG) membership; verify account status; verify status of selected wireless plan, close service requests in Remedy, and escalate service requests, if necessary, to Systems and Engineering
Phone and Web Support: primary call center for Service Desk and location for Systems personnel.Personnel take customer calls with the goal of first call resolution, create tickets, update tickets, and escalate as necessary to Tiered support staff. Staff at this location work on a per shift basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline with 7-9 years of experience, or additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration tasks including: Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, iOS or Android platforms, iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry 12, RSA, Citrix, and SCOM monitoring tool.
- Working knowledge of BMC Remedy.
- Working knowledge of IT service delivery best practices in incident and service request resolution and management.
- Skills to address issues with senior level customers and/or VIPs.
- Self-motivated problem solver possessing effective troubleshooting skills as it relates to IT issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods.
- Experience with mobile device solutions.
- Experience with Citrix XenMobile or other mobile device management (MDM) solutions
- Certification in relevant IT products/technologies.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
Clearance Requirement: Must have an active SECRET clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 27, 2016, 1:48:23 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: