Full Time Employee
Systems Engineer Manager (Principal) (Job Number:422249)
SAIC is seeking a multi-talented Engineering Manager to oversee an expanding mechanical and electrical integration facility. The candidate will be responsible for planning, manning, prioritizing, and executing multiple ongoing projects ranging in size from small to large. The candidate will oversee all areas of engineering and manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are designed, manufactured, and tested on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
The Engineering Manager’s activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work cooperatively with program managers, engineering leads, technicians, logistics, procurement, and finance to plan and direct all ongoing projects based on priority and manpower availability.
• Scheduling and training of facility staff
• Develop, institute, and oversee enterprise-wide quality and configuration management processes.
• Providing system-level engineering leadership and expertise to a cross- functional team.
- Providing preliminary solutions to engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- Electrical, electronic, and mechanical hardware design and development.
- Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation, such as Requirements Specifications, Concepts of Operation, Product and Performance Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Compliance Matrices, Qualification Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports.
- Development and documentation of engineering processes and standards in support of customer requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with at least eight (8) years of related experience.
• Previous experience in the electrical/mechanical integration field
• Must possess a Secret Clearance
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
• Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
• Experience with Electronic Warfare, Radio Frequency (RF) and Communications
• Electro-mechanical hardware design and engineering
• Experience with the marine environment and naval operations and systems
• Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification or equivalent
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 27, 2016, 1:20:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-RI-MIDDLETOWN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: