National Grid (https:\\careers.nationalgridus.com)
Full Time Employee
About the Position:
As a NE Gas Field Operations Instructor, be a part of the Technical Learning & Development team and design, develop, and deliver National Grid’s technical training programs. You will provide analysis, training program design & development, implementation, training evaluation, and additional learning support.
You will be part of a team focusing on fostering and delivering high quality learning experiences to clients through a blended learning approach. You will be responsible for developing a highly skilled, cohesive and innovative curriculum to meet learning and development needs. You will be motivating students, instituting best practices, and providing feedback. As an Instructor you will be responsible for delivering training that complies with regulatory, environmental, safety and contractual mandates, as well as acting as a technical advisor for various departments throughout the company. In order to succeed, you will:
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Design, develop, and deliver technical programs.
• Administer testing, conduct assessments, and deliver feedback.
• Foster and deliver high quality learning experience through a blended learning approach using hands on activities to simulate real tasks.
• Evaluate and modify existing training programs and manuals to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with all regulatory, environmental, safety and contractual obligations.
• Act as a technical advisor to operations in areas of technical expertise and/or participate on various committees.
• Conduct assessments of training needs associated with the introduction of new equipment, procedures and technology.
• Participate as a subject matter expert during the modification and creation of new technical training programs by the Design and Development areas of Learning and Development.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in either Customer Meter Services or Gas Field Operations
• Supervisory experience and/or advanced degree in Education or a related field is a plus.
• A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
•In depth and significant HR expertise and experience and up to date knowledge of the HR agenda
•In depth knowledge and understanding of the functional area
•Ability to think long term around HR solutions Leadership to coach in future state
•Finance knowledge of the U.S. business
•Consistently adapts the content / style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a particular group and what will produce the best response
•Demonstrates the ability to assemble complex ideas, issues and observations into clear and simple explanations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening and presentation skills
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform in a team environment, collaborate with others, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of technical and safety policies / procedures/ standards and regulatory requirements.
• Understanding of training and development principles and adult learning theory
• Working knowledge of personal computers and various business related software.
• Microsoft office products experience: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
Ability to plan long term and work alongside a complex business function in order to contribute to defining the strategy.
Exceptional facilitation skills in order to work collaboratively with the business Ability to work collaboratively with the HR function in order to develop an integrated HR approach.
Ability to identify HR interventions/solutions to any business challenge.
Ability to challenge the U.S. leadership and to resolve conflicts among the U.S. leadership.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Sep 28, 2016, 10:44:03 AM
:Oct 28, 2016, 11:59:00 PM
To apply for this job, contact: