Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Government Systems Flight Management Applications (FMA) department in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
This opportunity is for a dynamic and creative Software Engineer who is eager to share their talents with Fusion Flight Management System (FMS) team. Primary responsibilities will focus on Pro Line Fusion Flight Management Software Application (FMSA) And Missionized-Pilot Vehicle Interface (M-PVI) software development activities related to the growing market of Flight Management avionics solutions for U.S. government and international customers. The applicant must be creative, highly self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
As a Sr. Software Engineer in the Fusion FMS team, you will help perform the FMS domain engineering tasks associated with the design, development and integration of the application, for use on KC-390, C-295, and other exciting Fusion platforms. The position will require the development of software via a wide variety of programming languages including but not limited to Ada and C. In addition, the assignment may require assisting in other elements of the software/systems engineering process including requirements analysis and capture, system/sub-system design, software requirements definition, integration, and formal test for requirement verification. The candidate will perform these assignments in conjunction with other system and software engineers using Rockwell Collins engineering processes. Successful programs depend on teamwork grounded in internal communication as well as potential for direct interaction with the end customer including presentations, technical exchang
es, and on-site support.
• Contribute to software engineering requirements capture and analysis in area of domain expertise.
• Design, code, test, integrate, and document software of moderate complexity. Capable of building software for simulation and target hardware environments.
• Able to identify the root cause of moderate to complex software issues and some systems issues using appropriate debug and analysis tools.
• Understands internal processes, methods and tools for systems development and documentation efforts.
• Capable of producing engineering estimates for individuals tasks. May contribute to Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals and/or lead a software team in a Project Engineering role.
• Demonstrates the ability to follow through on work assignments with little to no further prompting and raises any potential issues found to leadership.
Must Have Requirements:
• A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residence
• Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
• Previous experience with C programming languages
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Airborne Solutions Engineering*
**Title:** *Senior Software Engineer - Flight Management Applications*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000GO*
To apply for this job, contact: