Full Time Employee
Business/Requirements Analyst (Job Number:422259)
The Business Analyst works under the oversight of the SAIC Requirements Lead to provide business analysis support to the Requirements Team of NARA’s Quality Management Division (IQ). The scope of the work potentially encompasses the entire catalog of business analysis activities but primarily involves requirements development (elicitation, analysis, documentation and management). Most NARA projects follow a traditional lifecycle and the Business Analyst may be tasked with creating business, stakeholder and / or system requirements as well as business and / or system use cases. All of the requirements work products are currently implemented via Microsoft Word or Excel, although a pilot is currently underway to utilize a requirements management tool (HP ALM): in the near future the Business Analyst will be required to use NARA's HP ALM instance to document and manage the requirements. In the intermediate future, a Scrum-like Agile methodology may be adopted by NARA, at which time the Business Analyst may be tasked with developing user stories. The Business Analyst is expected to work independently but in frequent communication with both the SAIC on-site team and the NARA IQ Requirements Team. When developing requirements or other work products, the Business Analyst will work directly with NARA Project Managers and stakeholders. The Business Analyst will interact directly with the NARA IQ Requirements Team to communicate status and other relevant information. In addition to developing requirements work products, the Business Analyst may be tasked with overseeing the requirements work of other contractors / vendors on NARA projects. This work is in a consultative role, i.e., the Business Analyst provides advice to the NARA Project Manager and perhaps the contractor for the project on the IQ Requirements Team's process, standards, templates and guidance.
- B.S in Information Sciences, Operations Research, Information Systems Management, or a related discipline.
- Five years total business analysis experience with experience working on IT system development projects and developing stakeholder and system requirements on federal government projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (esp. Excel, Word and Visio)
- Proven ability to work in independently within a team structure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance.
Expertise in the following areas is desired:
- Experience with the requirements module of HP ALM
- Experience working at the National Archives and Records Administration
- Business process re-engineering
- UML use case modeling
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2016, 1:30:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLLEGE PARK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: