General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
* Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
* Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
* Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
* Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
* Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
* Advises hardwa re engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
* Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
* May serve as a technical team or task leader.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 8-10 years of related software development experience.
* Understanding of DoDAF 2.0 documentation required.
* Business Process Analysis
* IBM System Architect experience desired
* General Modeling experience (UML, BPM, ETL, Schema development)
* Significant ability to perform Analysis of Alternatives and provide engineering process and governance guides.
* Required: Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
* Desired: Current CompTIA Security+ certification w/CE
To apply for this job, contact: