General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for a .NET Developer to support the Combined Arms Center (CAC) Mission Data Center (MDC). Candidate must be proficient in SharePoint 2010/2013; Windows Server 2008/2012 and have a technical understanding of Microsoft computing environment. Candidate will have working knowledge and practical experience to perform SharePoint physical and VMware server farms contingency operations; disaster recovery; and business continuity and operations and maintenance; which includes system administration; SQL database administration; data backups; application monitoring; performance monitoring; capacity planning; problem resolution; infrastructure software deployment; application software deployment; configuration/patch management; and incident response.
1. Provides SharePoint/Web design services for development for enterprise customers
2. Build strategic roadmaps to meet business objectives and achieve increased value
3. Technical expert to drive the customer's business strategy
4. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
5. Design; write; unit test; and document application code; Ability to read and interpret documents such as requirements definitions; installation instructions; technical articles and procedure manuals; Ability to write clear; concise reports; requirement definitions; designs; and correspondence
6. Provides advisory services to equip the enterprise with latest technology best practices to achieve high performance; scalability and security
7. Works closely with the team throughout the development lifecycle; translating business metrics and goals; while providing guidance around requirements gathering; scoping; solution development; deployment; as well as documentation and training to maintain the solution
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies
9. May serve as a technical team or task leader
10. Maintain a positive attitude and work ethic to deliver on-time and above standard applications
11.Critical thinking; problem solving; design; and most critically; attention to performance; scalability; reliability; availability at the system and component level
12. Participates in special projects as required
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
* Master's Degree (Preferred)
* MCSD SharePoint 2013 certification within 6 months of assuming positon.
* DOD 8570.01-M IAT Level II & AR 25-2 IT Level II
* Experience in code testing and debugging; documentation and maintaining program
* 10-15 years of directly related experience in IT related fields
* 5-8 years of .NET and/or SharePoint development
Proficient in SharePoint 2010/2013; Windows Server 2008/2012 and have a technical understanding of Microsoft computing environment. Candidate will have working knowledge and practical experience developing SharePoint site content.
* 5+ years of professional development experience using .NET technologies; C# and/or ASP.NET.
* Develop new web services and interface to existing web services
* Excellent problem solving; design; coding and debugging skills
Active secret security clearance or higher
* Candidate certifications:
* Security+ CE required
Highly desirable skills and experience:
* 1-3 years
* experience developing applications for SharePoint 2010 or 2013 using the SharePoint object model and client side object model
* Use in-depth understanding of Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint 2010 and 2013 to solve technical and business problems
* Experience creating and consuming Web Services
* SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012; Reporting Services; Integration Services
* FAST search for SharePoint
* .NET 4.0+
* Windows Workflow Foundation
* Microsoft certifications desired: MCSA; MCSD; MCSE; MCTS; MCITP; and/or MCSM
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), syste ms engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: