ManTech is seeking an Applications Developer to support a Customs & Border Protection program. This position will support the design, development, enhancement, testing and debugging, and implementation of software products. This position will also develop software documentation and participate in future product analysis. The selected candidate will be directly supporting the Chief Engineer.
• esign, develop, enhance, debug and implement software
• Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
• Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements
• Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software and evaluates effectiveness
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
• Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
• Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
• Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports
• Must possess a Associate's degree and/or a minimum of 5-15 years of experience
• Knowledge to support existing software products including web based applications, web servers, Remedy Service Management, Oracle and SQL Relational database environments, ASP, .net, and C web development technologies, SharePoint and Java technologies
• Must have knowledge of project planning tools such as Microsoft Project
• Must have experience with Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
• Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with project staff and customers to solve complex issues.
• Must be able to perform project reviews and manage project commitments
• Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
• Must possess the ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
• Must have strong customer service experience
• Must have excellent problem solving, analytical and documentation skills
• Must possess or be able to obtain a DHS/CBP Security Clearance.