First Citizens Bank (www.fcb.com)
Full Time Employee
Strategic CRE Loan Officer
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 27058
Functional Area: Business & Commercial - Sales
Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt
Education Required: See basic qualifications
Experience Required: See basic qualifications
Days and Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00-5:00
Physical Address: 182 Meeting Street, N. Charleston,SC 29401
Department Name: Stategic CRE
The Strategic CRE Loan Officer will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with professional commercial real estate developers from Charleston to Savannah. Given the anticipated growth in commercial real estate across this territory, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced CRE lender to join forces with a large, growing bank. We are committed to lending in this space, and the position is part of a long term growth strategy.
- Identify and build long term relationships with appropriate clients across the market.
- Originate loans and perform the critical analysis of financial data to underwrite loans.
- Work in partnership with Credit Administration to package credits for approval by Executive Management and coordinates the final disposition of submitted applications. The loan officer also performs loan portfolio management duties to ensure compliance with goals/standards for collateral perfection, project completion, identification of risks, and appropriate risk grading.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for clients, while partnering with Regional and Area leadership to ensure clients have access to the appropriate bank products to suit their needs.
- Maintain awareness of CRE business changes in each market, industry trends, anticipate opportunities in the assigned market, and position the Bank for proactive response.
- Demonstrates good partnership by keeping other bankers and management informed on market trends and changes.
- Positively and professionally represent the Bank in the community through participation in professional groups, civic or nonprofit organizations; generates additional business to the Bank; utilizes relationships with local civic/volunteer organizations to identify potential CRE opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 15 years of commercial real estate banking.
- Experience in underwriting to secondary market CRE asset classes and structures, and managing large CRE portfolio.
- Experience with CRE industry underwriting DSC models, asset class criteria, and third party market data (e.g. REIS).
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Position requires frequent driving to other offices, bank customers, etc. Bank car not provided.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: