Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Software Engineering position on the CS/GS FMS team in the Flight Management Applications department. This team is responsible for the development of software that provides civil flight planning, guidance and navigation capabilities for both military- and civil-certified aircraft. The position would include technical leadership while also being responsible for meeting cost and schedule expectations associated with development. It also requires close support and communication with teams across the government systems and commercial systems organizations, as well as external customers.
Come join us and help lead the avionics industry!
• Lead development Civil Flight Management Systems for Rotary Wing or Fixed Wing aircraft
• Contribute to the design of new features and functionality
• Estimate, track, own and report technical, cost and schedule aspects for the assigned scope of work
• Lead interaction with internal and external customers
• Oversee the integration of Civil Flight Management Systems with other systems
• Mentor other engineers in the development process, systems integration, and software engineering practices
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Strong knowledge base and skill set associated with software development activities (requirements, design, code, verification)
• Strong understanding of software and systems engineering processes
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Commitment to quality, improvement and customer focus
• Project management and leadership experience
• Expertise with Ada and C programming languages
• Expertise with VectorCAST
• Experience with FMS flight planning, guidance, performance, navigation functions and capabilities
• Experience with DO-178B/C Design Assurance Levels B/C/D
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Airborne Solutions Engineering*
**Title:** *Senior Software Engineer - Flight Management Applications*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000GT*
To apply for this job, contact: